Connecting your Google account to Otter helps to remind you to record upcoming meetings and easily share recordings with your contacts.
Connect your Google account to Otter
Using a web browser
- Sign in to Otter.ai from a web browser.
- Click 3 dots > Apps in the left navigation.
- Under Connect calendars & contacts, click Add next to Google and follow the prompts to connect your Google account.
- Click Allow to complete the Google Calendar connection.
Using the mobile app
- Sign in to the iOS or Android Otter mobile app.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper left to expand the navigation.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top to access Settings.
- Click Connect calendars.
- Click the plus icon next to Google and follow the prompts to connect your calendar.
Once your Google account is connected, you will receive reminders for upcoming meetings. All of your events will automatically sync over to your calendar on the right side on the Home page.
Tips: Check out our Otter Chrome Extension for an easy way to record your Google Meet meetings.
Automatically share your Otter transcripts with your calendar contacts
With your calendar events synced to your Otter account on the Home page, you will be able to easily share your Otter transcripts with your calendar contacts when you start a recording.
You can find all of your sharing settings in Account Settings > Meetings.
Manually Starting a Recording
- Check that your event is showing correctly on the Home page.
- When an event is within 5 minutes of starting, go to My Conversations, click Record and select the upcoming meeting.
- You will then be able to share the transcript with all calendar invitees from the event.
Note: Even if the Auto-share setting is disabled, this prompt will still appear if you are recording manually and selecting the calendar event.
Automatic Sharing through Live Notes and Otter Assistant