The following groups are eligible for the Education discount:
- Nonprofit educational institutions
- Accredited primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions*
- Student groups from any of the above
- School districts and regional service agencies**
*Affiliated hospitals, medical centers, and patient care facilities are ineligible.
**Federal and state (or equivalent) government offices, such as Departments of Education, are ineligible.
How to purchase
If you're not using Otter yet, you'll need to sign up for the free Basic plan first using your school's email address. If you're already using Otter, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your Otter.ai account.
- Click your profile photo or initial in the top left.
- Click the Upgrade plan link. Or click Account settings and click Upgrade to Pro.
- Under Otter Pro, click Student & Teacher discount. If you are not using your school's email address, you will be prompted to update your email address on the Account Settings page first.
- Enter your credit card information, and click Complete purchase.
Note: If your school's email address domain does not end with .edu, you won't be able to proceed. Please contact support for assistance. We may request documents confirming your accredited status, such as a letter from your school's central administration. Our team will review your request and respond as quickly as we can.
Accounts on the free Basic plan using their school's email address will be able to upgrade right away and your discount will be applied at checkout. For those already on a paid plan, you'll need to cancel your subscription first.
Note: The form of payment we accept at this time is using a credit card. For accounts already on a paid plan, refunds for prior subscription fees are not offered. We also cannot provide vendor or payment forms, invoices or purchase orders, portals, or agreements at this time.