Group direct messages (DMs) are created when a conversation is shared with others. If you plan to share conversations long-term or you need to include more people, you can convert a group DM to a group.
What to expect
- When you convert a DM to a group, conversations from the DM will be visible to any new members you add to the group.
- Members of the group DM will not be notified about the change.
Convert a group DM to a group
- Sign in to your Otter account.
- Click the menu in the top left to show the navigation menu.
- Under Direct Messages, click the group DM name.
- Click the names at the top of the page.
- Type a new name and press Enter.
- The group DM is converted to a group and will now appear under Groups.