Once the recording has been stopped or a file has finished importing, Otter's proprietary AI will automatically generate a summary and display it in the Automated Summary tab of the conversation so you and your colleagues can quickly scan over the main topics. Click the topic to automatically jump to that specific timestamp of the conversation.
View the Automated Summary for a conversation
- Sign in to Otter.
- Navigate to the conversation you want to view the summary for.
- Click the Automated Summary icon on the Takeaways panel to open the Automated Summary tab.
- Click on a topic to navigate to that specific timestamp in the conversation.
Things to keep in mind
- The automated summary is generated when the recording has been stopped or a file has finished importing, and once it's finished processing. If you see "Automated Summary will be ready soon", check back in a few minutes.
- The automated summary will only be generated for longer conversations with a minimum of 500 words. If the duration of your conversation is too short, a summary will not be generated.