Over the past several years, we've made significant investments in infrastructure and added new features and functionality to expand our offering to help you increase your productivity. To reflect the value we’ve added and continue to invest in innovation, we have updated the Otter Basic and Otter Pro plans. Please see our blog article for more information and check out our FAQs regarding changes to Otter Pro and Otter Basic plans section for more info.
Otter Basic has always been free for users to try and experience the fantastic benefits Otter can offer to your meetings, workplace, and collaboration. The following changes have gone into effect on September 27th, 2022 for the Otter Basic plan.
- Otter Assistant will be included in the Otter Basic plan. Users will be able to have their Otter Assistant automatically join meetings for Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet to automatically record and transcribe in real-time. Users can easily access their notes, even if they can’t join the meeting. Learn more about Otter Assistant.
- Automated Outline (Beta) is another feature we have added to the Otter Basic plan. Otter can now summarize your conversations and display them in the new Outline panel in each conversation. Users can easily see the main topics of a conversation. Clicking on a topic will automatically take you to the specific section of the conversation without going through each paragraph manually. Learn more about Automated Outline.
- Other features and usage limits:
- 300 minutes of transcription per month
- Access to the 25 most recent conversations. At any time, you can upgrade to a paid plan to unlock access to all conversations.
- Playback is limited to 1.0x speed
Otter Pro offers incredible value for many users. We’re excited to expand Otter’s time-saving meeting features to Otter Pro while updating other features and usage limits. The following changes have gone into effect on September 27th, 2022 for the Otter Pro plan.
- Otter Assistant is now officially included with the Otter Pro plan. Previously introduced as a limited trial, users on the Otter Pro plan can now choose which conversations are shared with their calendar guests. Additionally, you can now send Otter Assistant to two concurrent meetings. For ad-hoc meetings, you can now manually add Otter Assistant by pasting in the meeting URL. Otter Assistant is there to capture all the notes, offer collaboration and sharing for your participants, and ensure you can focus on the meeting. Learn more about Otter Assistant.
- Automated Outline (Beta) is another feature we have added to the Otter Pro plan. For longer meetings, Otter can now summarize your conversations and display them in the new Outline panel within a conversation. Users can see chapter summaries, edit titles, and navigate through their notes easily without manually going through the entire conversation. Learn more about Automated Outline.
- Other features, usage limits, and pricing:
- 1,200 minutes of transcription per month
- 90 minutes maximum duration per conversation (recordings and imports)
- 10 imports per month
- Custom vocabulary: 100 names + 100 other terms
- Otter Pro monthly price is $16.99/month
- Otter Pro annual is $8.33/month billed annually (no change)
Recap of the pricing and plan changes
Frequently asked questions
- Locked into your current pricing (Existing users only)
- Why have changes been made?
- Will I lose access to my past conversations if I cancel my subscription?
- I am on the Otter Basic plan. How do I gain access to my past conversations?
- What will happen to my conversations in Dropbox?
- I am on Otter Pro and have more than 100 names or other terms of custom vocabulary.
- Will the reduction in conversation limits affect my past Otter Pro conversations?
- What happens to my Otter Pro subscription after the lock-in period?
- Will these changes affect the Otter Pro educational discount?
Locked into your current pricing (Existing users only)
Existing customers already subscribed to Otter Pro annual on September 26, 2022, will automatically remain on their current pricing, features, and usage limits for renewals through October 31, 2023, and no action is needed. Customers already subscribed to Otter Pro monthly plan on September 26, 2022 will remain on their current pricing, features, and usage limits for renewals through November 30, 2022.
Example: Existing customer on the Otter Pro monthly plan
- Allen is on the free Basic plan and upgrades to the Otter Pro monthly plan on September 20, 2022.
- Allen's Pro monthly subscription will renew on October 20, 2022, on the current pricing, features, and usage limits.
- His subscription will renew on November 20, 2022, on the current pricing, features, and usage limits.
- His renewal on December 20, 2022, will renew on new pricing, features, and usage limits.
Example: Existing customer on the Pro annual plan
- Brittany is on the Pro monthly plan and her current billing cycle ends on September 29, 2022. On September 12, 2022, she switches to Otter Pro annual which will take effect on September 29, 2022.
- On September 29, 2022, Brittany's subscription is switched to Otter Pro annual and charged on the current pricing, features, and usage limits.
- Her subscription will renew on September 29, 2023, on the current pricing, features, and usage limits.
- Her renewal on October 29, 2024, will renew on new features and usage limits.
Why have changes been made?
We’ve expanded Otter Basic, and Otter Pro plans to include Otter’s time-saving meeting features, including Otter Assistant, Takeaways, and Automated Outline. We updated our plans and pricing to reflect our added value and ensure we can keep investing in innovation.
Will I lose access to my past conversations if I cancel my subscription?
Your conversations will always be stored in your account unless you delete them or delete your account. If you cancel your subscription and revert to the Otter Basic plan, you will only have access to the 25 most recent conversations (total lifetime conversations). Older conversations will be archived. You can either delete recent conversations or upgrade to Otter Pro or Otter Business to access archived conversations.
I am on the Otter Basic plan. How do I gain access to my past conversations?
To access archived conversations, you can either delete recent conversations or upgrade to one of the paid plans (Otter Pro or Otter Business).
What will happen to my conversations in Dropbox?
For existing customers on the monthly/annual Pro plan, you will have access to the Dropbox sync for the period shown above. After that period, you will no longer be able to sync new files from Dropbox.
Conversations previously transcribed and synced to your Dropbox > Apps > Otter folder will still be available to access after your Pro subscription has moved to the new pricing and feature structure. Your Otter account may show that your Dropbox account is still connected; however, no additional syncs will occur. You may disconnect your Dropbox account if needed in Account Settings > Plan.
I am on Otter Pro and have more than 100 names or other terms of custom vocabulary.
Existing customers who are locked into the Pro plan before September 27th, 2022 will be able to continue adding custom vocabulary of up to 200 ‘names’ and 200 ‘other’ words for the above period. After that period, the limits of 100 ‘names’ and 100 ‘other’ terms will apply to your Otter Pro subscription.
If you have more than 100 ‘names’ or 100 ‘other’ custom vocabulary, the most recent 100 will be shown. All vocabulary terms that exceed 100 will be hidden. If you upgrade to Business, the vocabulary terms past 100 will show again. With Otter Business, we offer:
- Team: 800 names + 800 other terms
- Personal: 200 names + 200 other terms
Will the reduction in conversation limits affect my past Otter Pro conversations?
No. Past conversations that were recorded within the 4-hour limit will not be affected. You can still access those conversations.
What happens to my Otter Pro subscription after the lock-in period?
Your plan will be renamed “Pro Legacy” during the lock-in period. As the end of your lock-in period approaches, we will send you an email notification. When your lock-in period has ended, you will be migrated to the new Otter Pro plan with the new pricing, features, and usage noted above.
Will these changes affect the Otter Pro Student & Teacher discount?
Yes. The Student & Teacher discount on Otter Pro has adopted the features and limits, along with 20% off monthly and annual plans, effective September 27th, 2022. Existing customers who subscribed to the Student & Teach discount before September 27th, 2022 will remain with their current pricing, features, and usage limits for the above periods.
If you have any further questions regarding the changes above, don't hesitate to contact support, and we’re happy to answer any questions.