You can connect your Google or Microsoft account to Otter and sync over your calendar events. If you are experiencing any problems connecting your account or events are not syncing over, this article will provide troubleshooting steps that you can utilize to resolve the issue.
Tip: For more info on how to utilize your Google account, check out our Google Calendar & Contacts for Otter article.
Unable to connect calendar account
If your calendar is not connecting, there may be various settings or issues that could be causing the error.
- Try clearing cookies and cache on your browser. Learn how to clear cookies and site data in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Once you have cleared cookies and cache, restart your browser, and try connecting your account to Otter.
- Ensure your email account is allowed to connect to a 3rd party app. If you are part of a company or organization and your email is provisioned by them, the admin or IT department may be blocking emails from your organization from connecting to 3rd party apps. You will want to check with your department and make sure 3rd party apps are allowed. See the following information on how to check 3rd party access for your account:
- Make sure to click Allow for Google Calendar or Yes for Microsoft Calendar when connecting your account, so that Otter has the permissions to sync your calendar events over:
- We are currently not able to connect Microsoft Exchange accounts directly. We are only able to connect the Microsoft account that is attached to the online calendar. To check if your account will be able to connect to Otter, sign in to Microsoft Calendar. If you are able to log in, you will be able to sync your Microsoft account to Otter. If you log in, and your Microsoft Exchange events are not showing up, you will need to move them over into the Microsoft Calendar in order to sync to Otter.
Calendar events are not syncing over
If your Google or Microsoft account is showing as connected in Apps, but no events are populating in My Agenda, please try the following:
- Disconnect your account in Apps > Connect calendars & contact, and try re-connecting your account to refresh the sync.
- Open an incognito/private browsing window, log into otter.ai, and check if My Agenda is showing your events properly. If your calendar events are showing properly, clear and cache on your browser. Learn how to clear cookies and site data in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Once you have cleared cookies and cache, restarted your browser, check if your events are showing properly.
- If specific calendars or calendars events are not showing in My Agenda, ensure they are located under your 'My Calendars' in the primary calendar on Google Calendar and Microsoft Calendar. Otter will not be able to sync events from the 'Other calendars' section or from any of the other non-primary calendars.
Otter will not be able to sync events from the following list:
- Events located in 'My Calendars' if they are not in the primary one (usually one the one at the top or with your name)
- Events located in 'Other calendars' (calendars you have subscribed to)
- Default holiday calendars from Google or Microsoft
- Task, Birthdays, or Reminder calendars located under 'My calendars' from Google