Otter Enterprise features are designed to help businesses operate more efficiently and effectively. These features provide Admins with a range of controls that can improve workflow, increase productivity, and enhance security within their organization. In this guide, we'll provide an overview of some key enterprise features.
- Domain Capture
- Centralized conversation management
- Bulk user management
- Disable OtterPilot
- Rename OtterPilot
- Remove audio from conversations
- Enforce pre-meeting recording notifications
- Control recording and sharing permissions
- Set a custom Data Retention policy
Ensure you have full control over your Workspace’s domain. With Domain Capture, you will be able to claim your organization’s domain and attach it to your Workspace (e.g. acme.com). When existing or new Otter users match a claimed domain, they will be automatically added to the Workspace.
This allows you to have full control over your organization’s members and can control who has access to Otter. Once added to your Workspace, you can manage the new users in Workspace > Manage Workspace > Members.
To claim your domain, please reach out to our Sales Team for more information.
Centralized conversation management
Otter provides a central location to manage all of your member’s conversations and puts the control in your hands. As admins of an organization, you will be able to monitor and manage any conversations your employees record. This ensures you can delete any conversations, which will also remove the conversation from the individual’s account as well.
Conversations of both active and deactivated users can be managed; however, if a user has been removed or deleted from a Workspace, their conversations are no longer discoverable by admins. To keep conversations discoverable in a Workspace after a member leaves the organization, we recommend deactivating the user.
Please note that the privacy of each user is still protected. While admins will be able to see the conversation title, they will not be able to view the transcript content or listen to the audio of a conversation. To access the transcript or audio of a conversation, the owner will still need to provide shared access.
To start managing the conversations within your Workspace, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Recording Management. At the top, you have the option to search for conversations within your Workspace through various filters:
- Search title
- Conversation owner
- Who the conversation was shared with
- Start time
- End time
To delete a conversation, follow these steps:
- Click the 3 dots next to the conversation.
- Select Delete
- Confirm the deletion by clicking OK.
- The conversation has been permanently deleted and is not recoverable.
Bulk user management
Save time by utilizing the bulk user management features. Whether one of your users has left the company, is inactive, or wants to transition back to their own account, you’ll be able to easily manage your users. You’ll have the option to hide, deactivate, remove from your Workspace, or delete forever.
- HIDE: This feature is great for privacy. Hide a member, so that other users with the role ‘Member’ will not be able to see that user in the Workspace.
- DEACTIVATE: You may have users who have left your organization, but you would like to keep their conversations in your Workspace. Deactivating is a great option to prevent the user from logging back in, but allow their conversations to remain in your Workspace.
- REMOVE FROM YOUR WORKSPACE: Users that want to revert to their own account can be removed from the Workspace. They will be reverted back to an individual account that they can continue using Otter on.
- DELETE FOREVER: We only recommend this option if you need to permanently delete all data and conversations associated with a user. Please note that once deleted, the user and conversations are not recoverable.
To manage your users, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Members. Select the users you want to manage, and select the option that best fits your needs.
While OtterPilot is an incredible feature that fully automates your note-taking experience, we understand that not all organizations would like their users to send OtterPilot to meetings. You have full control over which users will be able to use OtterPilot.
To control OtterPilot settings, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Members. Under the OtterPilot column, toggle the setting on or off. By toggling off the feature, the user will not be able to use OtterPilot.
This feature allows you to customize the OtterPilot's name for your entire Workspace. Personalize your OtterPilot to reflect the title that best represents your company in meetings.
To rename your OtterPilot, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Settings. By default, it will show as “[Your_First_Name]’s OtterPilot”.
Click into the Edit display name field and type in the new name. You can preview the name before saving the changes. Click the checkmark to confirm the name change. This will apply to all users in your Workspace.
Remove audio from conversations
Otter provides a way to remove audio from conversations. This feature will remove audio from conversations and only leave the transcript available. By turning on this feature, all conversations in the Workspace will be affected. Please note the following when turning on this feature:
- Applies to all users in the Workspace.
- Affects all historical and future meetings.
- If turned back off, only future meetings will have audio with the conversations. All historical meetings will still continue to have their audio removed.
To turn this feature on, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Settings. Under Remove audio recordings, toggle the setting on:
Enforce pre-meeting recording notifications
Notifying all invited meeting attendees is a great way to ensure everyone is aware they are being recorded. We always recommend getting consent from users before recording and ensuring local laws pertaining to recordings are met. Turning on this feature will apply to all users in your Workspace, and will send out an email to all invited attendees on the meeting list, notifying them that OtterPilot will be recording. Please note the following:
- If this feature is turned on for the entire Workspace, it will override any individual settings the user has set in their own Account Settings > Meetings.
- Everyone on the meeting invite will receive an email.
- Email does not duplicate with auto share - there is only one pre-meeting email.
- Email is received 5-10 min before the meeting starts.
- Guests can access the pre-meeting page including the live transcription notes.
- Signed-in Otter users can access the pre-meeting page.
To turn this feature on, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Settings. Under Send pre-recording emails, toggle the setting on:
Below is a preview of the email an attendee will receive:
Control recording and sharing permissions
Otter provides control over how users in the Workspace are able to share their conversations. When this feature is enabled, users will only be able to share with people who have the same domain as the Workspace. This prevents users from sharing conversations outside of the organization.
The domain is reflected in both the Owner and Admin(s) of the Workspace. If you have multiple admins who have different domains, turning on this feature will prevent users from sharing outside of both of those domains. For example:
- Owner/Admin 1’s email ends in otter.ai.
- Admin 2’s email ends in beaver.ai.
- Turning on this feature will prevent users from sharing conversations with people outside of the otter.ai and beaver.ai domain.
To turn this feature on, navigate to Workspace > Manage Workspace > Settings. Under External Sharing, toggle the setting on:
Set a custom Data Retention policy
Learn more about setting up your Data Retention policy. All conversations after the set retention period will be automatically deleted.