Typing out transcripts takes too much time. And it’s precisely the kind of “work about work” Otter.ai wants to help reduce. Creative teams need to be able to upload an interview, video footage, or a recording of a meeting, and have it transcribed automatically. To help them stay focused on storytelling, we’re working on ways to automate the tedious tasks and boring chores. We worked with Dropbox to develop an integration that simplifies your workflows and provides meeting recording and transcription, including speaker identification.
When you connect Dropbox to Otter, any time you drop a video or audio file into the Otter app folder in Dropbox, it will be automatically transcribed by Otter, the transcript will be uploaded to Dropbox, and automatically create a conversation in your Otter account under My Conversations.
Connect your Dropbox account
- Click Apps on the left side menu navigation.
- Click Add next to Dropbox.
- Sign into your Dropbox account to complete the connection.
Note: The email address associated with your Dropbox account does not need to match the email address of your Otter account.
- Your Dropbox account is now connected. You can begin syncing files from Dropbox to Otter.
Manage your Dropbox settings
Now that you have your Dropbox account connected, you can manage the sync settings for the exported file format.
- Under the Dropbox section in Account Settings >Apps, click Modify export settings.
- Select the export format: PDF, TXT, DOCX, SRT. Adjust any other output settings.
- Click Save when finished.
All synced files from Dropbox will be exported with those settings.
Sync files from Dropbox to Otter
- Sign into your Dropbox account.
- Navigate to the Apps / Otter folder.
- Upload audio or video file(s) into the Dropbox folder.
Note: Learn more about uploading files to Dropbox.
- Your file(s) will sync to Otter and begin transcribing.
- Once Otter has finished transcribing, the transcript will be synced to Dropbox.
- You can find the conversation in Otter under My Conversations as well.
More ways to utilize Otter and Dropbox
Check out the many ways you can utilize Otter's powerful AI tools such as Otter Chat, Automated Summaries, and collaboration tools such as Takeaways.
Additionally, step up your game by automating your workflows using Zapier, Automate.io, Microsoft Power Automate, etc. with Dropbox. Create complex workflows spanning across multiple apps, add conditional logic, format data, etc. to boost productivity.