DMs are created when a conversation is shared with others. If you plan to share conversations long-term or you need to include more people, you can convert a DM to a Channel.
What to expect
- When you convert a DM to a Channel, conversations from the DM will be visible to any new members you add to the Channel.
- Members of the DM will not be notified about the change.
Convert a DM to a Channel
- Click into Direct Messages and click the DM you want to convert.
- Click on the DM name or the pencil icon to rename.
- Type a new name and press Enter.
- The DM is converted to a Channel and will now appear under Channels.