Otter.ai provides administrators with various features and controls over the Workspace. By signing up for an Otter.ai account and creating your Workspace using your company’s domain, you will have access to the trial feature. Your team members can join your Workspace as a trial and enjoy all of the features without an upfront cost. Learn more through our Workspace billing FAQs article.
Table of Contents
When you create your Workspace with a custom domain (e.g. Otter.ai, Amazon.com, Google.com, etc.), users who sign up for an Otter.ai account can discover your Workspace during the onboarding process. You will also get access to the trial feature for your members.
If you have an existing Workspace that you would like for your team members to discover, update your email to reflect your custom domain.
- Ensure you are logged in as the Owner of the Workspace.
- Navigate to Account Settings > General.
- Click on the ‘Email’ field. Type in your company's email and click ‘Save Changes’ when finished.
- You will need to re-verify your email before being able to surface your Workspace to new users with your domain.
- Once verified, your Workspace will now reflect your company’s domain, and any user who signs up for an Otter.ai account using the same domain will have the option to join right away.
Workspace Invite Settings
Members who share the same domain as you will be able to discover your Workspace and join as a trial member. Join instantly as free trial members is enabled by default, allowing your members to join your Workspace seamlessly.
As the admin, you have control over how your teammates join your Workspace. Members of your Workspace can invite other team members to join and start using the features of the Workspace. If needed, you can turn on the admin approval of trial members through your Workspace settings.
- Click on your Workspace > Manage Workspace below your name.
- Navigate to the Settings tab next to Analytics.
- You can manage the Join Instantly as free trial members setting here.
Discover a Workspace to join
Once your Workspace is discoverable, team members who sign up for an Otter.ai account using your company’s domain will see your Workspace as an option to join during the onboarding process.
During onboarding, Workspaces that have been created with your company’s domain will appear for your team members to join. They can join right away by clicking the blue Join button next to the Workspace they are wanting to be part of.
If they choose to Skip joining for now, they will still have the opportunity to join the Workspace any time by clicking on Workspace to join under their name.
Invite team members to join your Workspace
As an Admin or Member, existing users in the Workspace will be able to invite their colleagues, team members, or collaborators to join the Workspace.
- Click the Workspace under your name.
- Click Invite people to Workspace.
- Type in the email address(es) and click ‘Enter’ or ‘Return’ to save.
- Click Send invite.
- The user will receive an email inviting them to join the Workspace. Additionally, they will see the invitation once they log into their Otter.ai account or after creating an account.
Read our Managing your Workspace trial members article for more information on managing your members.