As an owner or administrator for your Otter for Teams account, you can promote other members to help manage your account.
- Owners can deactivate or delete another admin, as well, demote an admin. There can only be one owner of an account, but this can be transferred to another member. Contact support for assistance.
- Admins can change a role to a team member's account, hide and unhide members, and promote members as an admin.
Choose your account owner and admins
Promoting trusted members to owner and admin roles can help with managing your Otter account. With more admins, you can share day-to-day tasks such as inviting new team members.
For the account owner, we recommend it to be:
- Founder or executive within a small startup
- Senior leadership of a specific department
- IT department for the entire organization
For admins, we recommend:
- Senior administrative staff
- Project managers
- IT engineers or specialists
Who can manage roles
Only admins can manage roles for other members. Below is an overview of the actions each role can take.
|Deactivate and reactivate admins|
|Deactivate and reactivate members|
|Hide and unhide members|
|Resend member invitation|
|Cancel member invitation|
Review your role's permissions, then use the steps below to promote or demote admins.
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click your name in the top left.
- Click Team Admin or My Team.
- Under the Role column, click the dropdown next to the person whose role you'd like to change and select Promote to admin or Demote to member.