You can import (upload) audio or video files to Otter from your computer or mobile device. When you import a file, Otter will process the audio speech and create a transcription.
Note: You can import files as long as they're less than 5GB in size and you don't exceed your monthly limit. If you're experiencing problems importing a large file, learn how to resolve errors that occur while importing.
Otter supports the following file formats:
- AAC (listed in the Finder with the .m4p filename extension)
- M4A (including Apple voice memos)
- MOV (QuickTime)
💡Tip: If you are importing a large file, we recommend that you make sure your computer does not hibernate or go to sleep, as this can cause issues during the upload. Learn more about importing a large file.
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click Import . On a mobile device, tap .
- Choose or drag the file you want to import.
- Once the file has finished importing, the conversation is saved with the name of the filename to My Conversations.
The imported file must be processed before viewing it. Otter will send an email when the process is completed.
Import an Apple voice memo
- Record a voice memo.
- Tap a memo in the list, tap , then tap Share.
- Tap the Otter app icon.
- Change the name and select where to share to (by default the conversation is saved to My Conversations).
- Tap Import.