You can import (upload) audio or video files to Otter from your computer or mobile device. When you import a file, Otter will process the audio speech and create a transcription.
Note: You can import files as long as they're less than 5GB in size and you don't exceed your monthly limit. If you're experiencing problems importing a large file, learn how to resolve errors that occur while importing.
Otter supports the following file formats:
- AAC (listed in the Finder with the .m4p filename extension)
- M4A (including Apple voice memos)
- MOV (QuickTime)
💡Tip: If you are importing a large file, we recommend that you make sure your computer does not hibernate or go to sleep, as this can cause issues during the upload. Learn more about importing a large file.
- Click Import in the upper right.
- Browser or drag the file you would like to import.
- The file will begin to upload and show in My Conversations once finished.
- Once uploading has finished, Otter will being to transcribe the file. You can keep track of the progress through the popup.
- Otter will send an email when transcribing has been completed. Learn more about processing times.
- Click the upload button in the top right (cloud upload icon).
- You will have the option to import from your mobile device's file browser or through Dropbox.
- You can keep track of the upload progress through the tracker.
- Once finished uploading, it will being to transcribe. You can find the transcript in My Conversation.
Import an Apple voice memo
- Record a voice memo.
- Tap a memo in the list, tap , then tap Share.
- Tap the Otter app icon.
- Change the name and select where to share to (by default the conversation is saved to My Conversations).
- Tap Import.