WARNING: Deleting a member permanently deletes the account and its conversations, and can't be undone. We recommend deactivating a member's account if you wish to retain their conversations, but remove them from the Otter Business account.
Keep in mind
- When a member is deleted, they will no longer count towards a seat and will free up a seat. However, if the Otter Business account exceeded the initial number of seats and a user is deactivated or deleted, we'll add prorated credits to their account. The credit will be applied when purchasing additional seats or on their renewal date. Learn more about how seats work.
- Deleting a member removes them from the Otter Business account and will no longer be billed to the account at the next billing cycle.
- They will no longer have access to their Otter account or the Otter Business account.
- Their conversations and any conversations shared with other people or groups will also be permanently deleted.
Who can delete members
Below is an overview of the actions each role can take.
Delete a member
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click your name in the top left.
- Click Team Admin or My Team.
- Click to the right of the member you’d like to delete.
- Select Delete Forever.