WARNING: Deleting a member permanently deletes the account and its conversations, and can't be undone. We recommend deactivating a member's account if you wish to retain their conversations, but remove them from the Otter Business account.
Keep in mind
- When a member is deleted, we'll add prorated credits to your Otter Business account for the remaining time on your current billing cycle. These credits will be applied when new members are added to your account or on your next renewal date. These credits have no currency or exchange value, are non-transferable and non-refundable, and will expire following the termination of your paid services plan with Otter. Learn more about how seats work.
- Deleting a member removes them from the Otter Business account and will no longer be billed to the account at the next billing cycle.
- They will no longer have access to their Otter account or the Otter Business account.
- Their conversations and any conversations shared with other people or groups will also be permanently deleted.
Who can delete members
Below is an overview of the actions each role can take.
Delete a member
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click your name in the top left.
- Click Team Admin or My Team.
- Click to the right of the member you’d like to delete.
- Select Delete Forever.