If you’re currently subscribed to an Otter Business plan, this article will tell you how to cancel your subscription.
Note: Cancelling your subscription is not the same as deleting your account. To learn more about deleting your account, check out the Delete your account article.
About cancelling a subscription
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them.
- If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until it expires on the next billing date.
- Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date to avoid an unwanted charge.
- Subscriptions are non-refundable as explained in the Otter Terms of Service.
How to cancel your Otter Business subscription
- Make sure you’re signed in to your account as an Admin.
- Click your name at the top of the navigation menu and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to Account Settings > Plan.
- At the end of the page under Payment History, click Cancel plan.
- On the popup, click Cancel subscription to confirm cancellation. You can keep using your subscription until the end of the current billing cycle shown.
If you change your mind before the billing cycle ends, reactivate the plan at any time in Account Settings > Plan.
What happens when the billing cycle ends
Once your billing cycle ends, the following will happen:
- The Otter Business Workspace will remain active.
- Team members will continue to have access to the 25 most recent conversations; but, they can’t create new conversations or import files.
- No new team members can be invited to the account.
- If a team member is deactivated by an admin, they will not be able to sign in or access their conversations.
To revert team members or your entire Workspace to individual accounts, please review the Revert a Business account back to a personal (Pro or basic) account article.