Once the recording has been stopped or a file has finished importing, Otter's proprietary AI will automatically generate a summary and display it in the Automated Outline panel of the conversation so you and your colleagues can quickly scan over the main topics. Click the topic to automatically jump to that specific timestamp of the conversation.
Note: Automated Outline is currently in beta.
View the outline summary for a conversation
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click the menu in the top left and click My Conversations or Shared With Me.
- Click the conversation.
- Click the Outline icon in the right toolbar to open the Automated Outline panel.
- Click on a topic to navigate to that specific timestamp in the conversation.
Things to keep in mind
- The automated outline is generated when the recording has been stopped or a file has finished importing and once it's finished processing. If you see "AI Outline will be ready soon", check back in a few minutes.
- The automated outline will only be generated for longer conversations with a minimum of 500 words. If the duration of your conversation is too short, an outline will not be generated.