You can export conversations, including any shared with you, both as text or audio in different formats, along with Meeting Gems™. By exporting your conversations, you can use it in another service, such as for closed captions.
Export to text
- Click the menu in the top left and click My Conversations.
- Click the conversation you want to export.
- Click the 3 dots in the upper and then click Export.
- Choose the file format for the text:
- CLIPBOARD copies the text to your computer's clipboard.
- TXT is a standard text document that contains unformatted text.
- DOCX creates a Microsoft Word document.
- PDF creates a portable document format (PDF) document.
- SRT extracts the text and their timings to a SubRip Subtitle format text file, which can be imported into a video file for subtitles and captions. This format is widely used to export captions to YouTube.
- Choose how to name the exported file and any additional export options. A preview of the exported text is shown below the options.
- Include speaker names
- Include timestamps
- Include highlights
- Include photos
- Merge same-speaker segments
- Export as monologue
- Remove Otter branding (available for TXT and CLIPBOARD formats
- Click Export.
Export Meeting Gems™
You can now export a text (TXT) file with a summary of all Meeting Gems™. It will contain summaries of text notes, highlights, comments, and action items.
Note: Read our article on Meeting Gems™
- In the conversation you want to export Meeting Gems™, click the 3 dots in the top right and select Export.
- Toggle the Meeting Gems™
- Click Export to save the file to your device.
Export to audio
- Click the 3 dots in the top right.
- Toggle on Audio.
- Click Export.
- The exported file will be downloaded in an MP3 format.
Export multiple conversations
Bulk exporting is a feature available on our Business plan. Check out our pricing page to see the different features that each plan offers.
Desktop Export Steps
- Navigate to My Conversations.
- Select the checkbox next to the conversations you want to export.
- Click the Export button at the top.
- Select the format(s) and additional settings. Click Export.
- You will receive an email with a link to download it once it's ready.
Mobile Export Steps
- Click on the icons next to the conversations to select them.
- Click the 3 dots and select Bulk export.
- Select the format and continue with additional settings.
- Click Continue.
- The files will export individually that you can save to your device.
Note: Adblockers can prevent exports from working properly. If you are experiencing any issues, please disable your Adblocker to export your files.