Invite team members
Now that you've completed the basics of setting up your account, it's time to bring your account to life by inviting team members to join.
Note: When you add new members partway through the billing cycle, we'll charge a prorated amount for the remaining time in your billing cycle. Learn more about how you are billed.
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click your name in the top left.
- Click Team Admin or My Team.
- Click Invite.
Note: Anyone can invite a new member. To restrict invites to only admins, contact support for assistance.
- Enter the email addresses of people you want to invite. If you have a list of emails to add, paste them into the text box separated by a comma or space, and click Send.
- They will receive an email invitation to join the team. Once they click the link to join, they will sign in with an existing Otter account, or create a new account.
Manage pending invitations
The account owner and admins can view pending invitations and make either of the following changes:
- Revoke Invitation
Revoke an invitation to prevent an invited member from using it or disable email notifications they may receive from Slack before accepting
- Resend Invitation
Send a new email invitation if the original has expired or been lost
- Sign in to Otter.
- Click your profile photo or initial in the top left.
- Click Team Admin.
- Next to the invitation you want to manage, click Invited (Resend) or click and then click Cancel Invitation.
- Canceled invitations will not trigger any notifications.
Team members with an existing Otter account
If a team member has a free Basic account with Otter, their account will transfer to the new Otter Business account. All existing conversations will transfer over as well but are only visible and accessible to the team member.
If a team member has a paid Pro subscription, your Pro subscription will immediately end. Any remaining credit on the Pro subscription will not be refunded automatically. Please contact support for assistance.