If you’re currently subscribed to an Otter Premium plan, this article will tell you how to downgrade your account to a free Otter Basic plan. Downgrading your Otter plan to Basic is not the same as deleting your account. Learn how to cancel an Otter for Teams subscription.
About canceling a subscription
- Most subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them.
- If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date.
- Cancel your subscription at least 24-hours prior to the next billing date to avoid being charged again.
- Subscriptions are non-refundable.
Cancel a paid subscription
- Sign in to your Otter account at otter.ai.
- Click your profile photo or initial in the top left.
- Click Account settings and click the Plan tab.
- Under Account Status, click the down arrow to expand the section.
- Click Cancel Otter Premium plan.
- Click OK to confirm cancelation. You can keep using the subscription until the next billing date shown on this page.
Once your billing cycle has ended, your account will be downgraded to a free Otter Basic plan.
Cancel a subscription purchased on your mobile device
If you used your phone to purchase the Otter Premium subscription, you must cancel your subscription through iTunes or Google Play.
What happens when your account is downgraded
When you downgrade your Otter account to the free Basic plan:
- Your account and existing conversations are still accessible.
- The conversation limits take effect for new conversations after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.
- Any existing conversations that exceed the 40-minute duration limit will still be viewable.