Subscriptions renew automatically unless you cancel. If you’re currently subscribed to an Otter Pro plan, this article will explain how to cancel your subscription. If you're subscribed to the Otter Business plan, check out the Cancel your Business Subscription article.
Note: When you uninstall the Otter mobile app, your subscription does not automatically cancel.
Subscriptions purchased through Otter.ai directly
Subscriptions purchased through Otter.ai can must be managed on a web browser. If you purchased the Otter Pro subscription through Apple or Google Play, you will need to cancel your subscription through them. Refer to the Cancel a subscription purchased through Apple or Google Play section for more information.
Note: Subscriptions are non-refundable based on the Otter.ai Terms of Service.
Using a web browser
- Sign in to your Otter account at otter.ai.
- Click your profile at the top of the navigation menu and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to the Plan tab.
- Click the Cancel plan link at the bottom of the page.
- Click Cancel subscription to confirm cancellation.
Your subscription will continue to work until your billing cycle ends on the date shown on this page. Once your billing cycle has ended, your account will be downgraded to a free Otter Basic plan and reflect the related limits and features.
Mobile app information
You’ll only be able to cancel through the mobile app if you purchased the subscription through the app. Please log in to a mobile or desktop web browser to cancel your subscription if you purchased your subscription through Otter.ai. Follow these steps to find out if your subscription was purchased through Otter.ai.
- Open the Otter mobile app.
- Tap your profile in the top left to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap Manage subscription.
- If you purchased a subscription directly through Otter, you will be prompted with a message to sign in to your account using a web browser. See Using a web browser.
Cancel a subscription purchased through Apple or Google Play
If you purchased your Otter plan through Apple or Google Play, you must cancel your subscription through the same store.
- Learn how to cancel your subscription through Apple and request a refund.
- Learn how to cancel your subscription through Google Play and request a refund.
If you decide to purchase an Otter subscription in the future, we recommend purchasing it directly at otter.ai. This will allow our team to better help you manage your subscription if you have any questions.
What happens after you cancel
If you cancel, you'll still be able to use the Otter Pro features included in your subscription until your billing cycle ends. You can check when your subscription expires under Account Settings > Plan > Plan Details.
If you change your mind, you can Reactivate plan anytime before the subscription expires.
What happens when your account is downgraded
When your account is downgraded to the free Basic plan:
- You will have access to the 25 most recently recorded conversations. All older conversations will be archived (not deleted).
- The conversation limits take effect for new conversations after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.
- Any existing conversations that exceed the 30-minute duration limit will still be viewable.