Subscriptions renew automatically unless you cancel. If you’re currently subscribed to an Otter Pro plan, this article will tell you how to cancel your subscription from renewing at the end of your billing period. If you're subscribed to the Otter Business plan, learn how to cancel an Otter for Business subscription.
Important: When you uninstall the Otter mobile app, your subscription won't cancel.
Using a web browser
- Sign in to your Otter account at otter.ai.
- Click your profile photo or initial in the top left.
- Click Account settings and click the Plan tab.
- Click the Cancel plan link at the bottom of the page.
- Click OK to confirm cancelation. You can keep using the subscription until your billing cycle ends shown on this page.
Once your billing cycle has ended, your account will be downgraded to a free Otter Basic plan.
Using the mobile app
- Open the Otter mobile app.
- Tap and tap Settings.
- Tap Manage subscription.
- If you purchase a subscription directly with Otter, you will be prompted to sign in to your account using a web browser. See Using a web browser.
If you purchased through Apple or Google Play, you will be redirected to iTunes or Google Play.
Cancel a subscription purchased on your mobile device
If you used your phone to purchase the Otter Pro subscription, you must cancel your subscription through iTunes or Google Play.
What happens after you cancel
When you cancel, you'll still be able to use the Pro features included in your subscription until your billing cycle ends.
For example, if you purchase the annual Pro subscription on January 1 and decide to cancel your subscription on July 1:
- You’ll have access to the subscription and Pro features until December 31.
- You won’t be charged another yearly subscription the following January 1.
- Your account will be downgraded to the free Basic plan on January 1.
- Subscriptions are non-refundable.
What happens when your account is downgraded
When your account is downgraded to the free Basic plan:
- Your account and existing conversations are still accessible.
- The conversation limits take effect for new conversations after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.
- Any existing conversations that exceed the 30-minute duration limit will still be viewable.