If you’re currently subscribed to an Otter Pro plan, this article will tell you how to downgrade your account to a free Otter Basic plan. Downgrading your Otter plan to Basic is not the same as deleting your account.
Note: If you're subscribed to the Otter Business plan, learn how to cancel an Otter for Business subscription.
About canceling a subscription
- Most subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them.
- If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until your billing cycle ends.
- Cancel your subscription at least 24-hours prior to the next billing date to avoid being charged again.
- Subscriptions are non-refundable.
Using a web browser
- Sign in to your Otter account at otter.ai.
- Click your profile photo or initial in the top left.
- Click Account settings and click the Plan tab.
- Click the Cancel plan link at the bottom of the page.
- Click OK to confirm cancelation. You can keep using the subscription until your billing cycle ends shown on this page.
Once your billing cycle has ended, your account will be downgraded to a free Otter Basic plan.
Using the mobile app
- Open the Otter mobile app.
- Tap and tap Settings.
- Tap Manage subscription.
- If you purchase a subscription directly with Otter, you will be prompted to sign in to your account using a web browser. See Using a web browser.
If you purchased through Apple or Google Play, you will be redirected to iTunes or Google Play.
Cancel a subscription purchased on your mobile device
If you used your phone to purchase the Otter Pro subscription, you must cancel your subscription through iTunes or Google Play.
What happens when your account is downgraded
When you downgrade your Otter account to the free Basic plan:
- Your account and existing conversations are still accessible.
- The conversation limits take effect for new conversations after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.
- Any existing conversations that exceed the 40-minute duration limit will still be viewable.