The email address you use to create an Otter account is where we’ll send password reset emails and other important messages, so you’ll want to keep it up to date. Keep reading to learn how to change your email address at any time.
Note: If you chose to hide your email when you created an account with Otter using the mobile app and using Apple ID, a unique, random email address is created so your personal email address isn't shared with Otter. Learn how to change your Otter sign in from Apple to your personal email address.
Update your email address
- Sign in to Otter from a web browser.
- Click your profile photo or initial in the top left, and then click Account settings.
- On the General tab next to Email, enter your new email address, then click Save changes.
- You'll be prompted to enter your password, then click Validate.
- We'll send a confirmation email to your new email address with the subject line Please confirm your email change.
- Open the email and click Confirm email address.
The confirmation link will take you to a verification success page in your browser. From there, you’ll be redirected to your account.
Missing confirmation email
If you didn’t receive the confirmation email, try the following:
- Check your spam or junk folder, and any filters in your inbox.
- Open your email settings and check for typos in the email address. If the address is incorrect, you can change it by following the steps above.
If you're still having trouble, contact support for further assistance.