If you can't sign in to your Otter account, select the issue that most closely applies to you and follow the instructions for help getting back into your account.
- You forgot your password
- You forgot the email address you used to sign in
- Otter is not loading or you get an error message
- You're having trouble with two-factor authentication (2FA)
- You can't reset your password because you can't access your email
- You get a message that your account is deactivated
You forgot your password
If you have issues when you try to sign in with your password, use these steps to reset it and regain access to your account.
- Go to https://otter.ai/forgot-password.
- Enter your email address and click Send resend link.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link in the email.
- Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password.
If you do not receive an email in your inbox, please check your junk or spam folder. You can also whitelist or add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, to ensure that emails are successfully delivered to your inbox.
You forgot the email address you used to sign in
- Try other email addresses you might have used.
- Search through your email inbox for 'Otter.ai', and see if any emails come up. You can use that email to sign in or complete a password reset.
If don't remember the email you used, you may have created an account through Google, Microsoft, or Apple. Please try using these authentication methods if you remember creating an account using one of those methods:
Otter is not loading or you get an error message
- Make sure that:
- There isn't a typo in your username or password.
- You've entered your full email address. For example, "email@example.com" instead of "username@gmail."
- Your keyboard is in the right language.
- Refresh your browser and try signing in again.
- Clear cache, restart your browser, and try logging in again.
You're having trouble with two-factor authentication (2FA)
Please note that two-factor authentication (2FA) is only available for phones numbers located in the United States (U.S.) and Canada. If you are currently having issues logging in due to 2FA, please have your admin contact Otter Support. You can read our article on Troubleshooting Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for more info.
Note: We are currently working on implementing other multi-factor authentication options, so stay tuned!
You can't reset your password because you can't access your email
If this is an email you no longer have access to, please contact Otter Support, and provide the following information to verify your account:
- Last 4 digits of the card on file
- Card expiration date
- Last transaction amount
- Last transaction date
With that information, we can verify the account and update your email for you.
If you were part of a Team account previously and used your work email, please contact your former job and have them contact Otter Support, so that we can remove you from the Team and update your email.
You get a message that your account is deactivated
There may be a multitude of reasons your account was deactivated. Your account may have been deactivated by your admin, entered your password incorrectly too many times, or for other reasons. Please contact Otter Support, so that we can help you get your account activated again.